Network Administrator – Quantico, VA
JD Ross Consulting, LLC
Changing Your Perspective
Clearance Level: Top Secret
** This position is pending contract award**
Evaluate moderately complex networks to ensure network optimum performance. Solve moderately complex network problems.
The NA will conduct site surveys either alone or as a team member and use previous experience to configure and/or recommend the configuration of networks.
The NA shall perform research and evaluation of current network performance and recommend improvements using new technologies and methodologies. In the course of assessing the currency of customer based networks, the NA will apply the knowledge gained to produce actionable recommendations for changes that ensure that customer networks remain current with leading industry standards.
The NA shall demonstrate proficiency with communicating network architectures through the production of clear network diagrams.
The NA shall plan and conduct relevant feasibility studies and produces initial drafts of related technical standards.
Education and Requirements:
BS in Information Systems Technology, CS, CE, or related field with 4 years of experience managing IP networks in a production environment or 8 years of experience.
A relevant industry certification, such as COMPTIA Network+, Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Ability to configure and manage products from various manufactures such as Netgear, Watchguard, etc.
- Maintain layer 2 and layer 3 devices and policies
- Develop automated methods to deploy network equipment such as switches and firewalls with consistent results using applicable technologies.
- Physical activities such as installation of service terminals, cables, and support changes to the network
- Maintain network systems and equipment including evaluation and testing
- Maintain quality of Service (QoS) policies
- SMB protocols to allow advancement of storage technologies
- Configure and validate RDMA technology usage
- Experience with cloud and / or hybrid networking integration and ongoing operations.
- Monitor network and other communications equipment
- Resolve interoperability problems within and between networks
- Support network optimization and reconfiguration due to traffic analysis
- Taclane configuration and maintenance