Clearance Level: Top Secret
**This position is pending contract award**
Lead moderately complex network projects or phases of a large project. This individual shall coordinate work activities for a small group of technical/professional employees, and manage a moderately large, complex function.
The candidate shall provide technical guidance and leadership; and determine deliverable and work schedules as appropriate. This person will be in a leadership position as the contractor’s representative to the customer’s technical personnel while leading contractor’s network requirements analysis activities. The candidate will handle the contractor’s maintenance and/or upgrades to the customer’s network operations.
The Senior Network Administrator shall have demonstrated past performance of leading teams of personnel with Network Administrator skills and possess senior level engineering knowledge in design, documentation and implementation of all Network Administrator skillsets.
Education and Requirements:
BS in Information Systems Technology, CS, CE, or related field with 6 years of experience managing IP networks in a production environment or 10 years of experience in the areas described below.
A relevant industry certification, such as COMPTIA Network+, Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Ability to design, build, and maintain physical and virtual networking devices, to include Cloud / Hybrid Cloud solutions, encryption (preferably Taclanes), firewall devices and rules, and networking Layer 2 and 3 devices and configurations,
- Research, evaluate, test, recommend, integrate, deploy, and install network equipment and solutions to meet new objectives and requirements. Examples include Quality of Service policies, advancement of storage technologies, etc.
- Confer with and advise management, engineers, senior network administrators, and system administrators on capabilities and enhancements
- Develop automated methods to deploy network equipment such as switches and firewalls with consistent results using applicable technologies.
- Conduct reverse engineering of networks, produce documentation and explain results / propose potential areas of improvement.
- Quality of Service (QoS) policies
- SMB protocols to allow advancement of storage technologies
- Configure and validate RDMA technology usage
- Experience with cloud and / or hybrid networking integration and ongoing operations.