Clearance Level: Top Secret
**This position is pending contract award**
The responsibility of the SE is to design software that interface with GOTS and COTS tools, applications, and utilities. Other duties include development of new products from sparse requirements ranging from interfacing with complex systems to web-based query and reporting mechanisms.
The successful candidate will need to possess knowledge of Information Security Systems (ISS), Sensitive but Unclassified (SBU) security standards, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA), and be familiar with procedures for handling any data that interacts with any systems within the SE’s domain.
Education and Requirements:
A four year college degree in computer science or related field and five years software development experience for production systems.
Ten years of experience developing software in a production environment in lieu of the college requirement.
- Development of systems, policies, databases, and user interfaces
- Broad knowledge of programming languages to meet a diverse set of requirements. Technologies of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Microservices architecture
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- SOAP/REST/WSDL interactions
- Creativity / analysis skills to provide middleware between disparate applications to facilitate interconnectivity and the ability to engineer applications outside of the normal software development life cycle (ie: come up with viable solutions quickly as needed)
- Provide software -> system documentation such as:
- Process flow
- Class and sequence diagrams
- Web service specifications
- Data models and dictionaries